Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wow. 2 days in a row.

Maybe I'm starting a trend. Am I going to update this thing on a semi-regular basis? I guess time will tell.

Anywho. As I stated in my previous post, I've recently turned 36. Well, my wonderful wife and children bought me a new motorcycle jacket for my birthday. It is nice. Mesh with armor in all the right spots. It is much more comfy than my leather jacket for riding in the summer. I love my leather jacket but man, when it is hot out, like it has been with temps in the mid 90's and 80% humidity, that thing can be stifling. The mesh though is cool, it is still warm when stopped, but it is cooler when riding. The leather is vented so I can open it, and I always have it zipped down at the top some but it still isn't quite as cool as the mesh.

Now, to the other present I got. I guess it really wasn't intended to be a present, but it just happen to come to fruition around my birthday. Anyway, I walked into a local stealership on my lunch hour to get a new pair of riding gloves. And there it was, sitting right next to the door when I walked in. A brand new silver '06 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic. One of the 2 bikes that I had on my list of new bikes to get. And it was silver! The color I wanted. I had only seen black ones in stealerships before. I went back to work after deciding to go back over there when I got off. A little research proved that Kawasaki was offering the best financing around. So that evening, and a credit app later, I was the owner of that silver Vulcan 900 Classic. Man that thing is a beaut. So much nicer than my old 1982 Suzuki. Smoother, corners better, has a lot of giddy-up.

Well that is all for now. I'll leave you with a picture.

2 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm. Holy shit that thing is awesome T. Take me for a ride I promise to squeal like a girl.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking wheels, Easy Rider! --AAron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home